The Resource Addy learns a lesson : a school story
- Addy learns a lesson : a school story
- Title remainder
- a school story
- Statement of responsibility
- by Connie Porter ; illustrations by Melodye Rosales ; vignettes, Renée Graef, Jane Varda
- In the year 1864, young Addy & her mother try to escape slavery by fleeing to the North after her father is sold again & they are separated. After their escape from North Carolina to Philadelphia in the summer of 1864, Addy and her mother begin their new life as free people as her mother gets a paying job and Addy goes to school and learns a lesson in true friendship. Addy Walker is a proud, courageous girl growing up in 1864, during the midst of the Civil War. Addy's stories tell of her daring escape with her mother from slavery, and the challenges they face afterward as they try to reunite their family. But Addy's stories are about much more than hardship. They are full of the love and hope that help her get through the worst of times and keep her dreams alive! Addy starts her new life in Philadelphia. At school for the first time, she learns about reading and writing -- and more
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- "Ages 7 and up"--Cover p. 
- Literary form
- Series statement
- The American girls collection
- Target audience
ContextContext of Addy learns a lesson : a school story
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Mulliken District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.