The Resource A Good dog : the story of Orson, who changed my life
- A Good dog : the story of Orson, who changed my life
- Title remainder
- the story of Orson, who changed my life
- Statement of responsibility
- Jon Katz
- "People who love dogs often talk about a 'lifetime' dog. I'd heard the phrase a dozen times before I came to recognize its significance. Lifetime dogs are dogs we love in especially powerful, sometimes inexplicable ways." Author Katz tells the story of his lifetime dog, Orson: a beautiful border collie--intense, smart, crazy, and unforgettable. From the moment Katz and Orson meet, their relationship is deep, stormy, and loving. Two years old, Katz's new companion is a great herder of school buses, a scholar of refrigerators, but a dud at herding sheep. Everything Katz attempts--obedience training, herding instruction, a new name, herb and alternative therapies--helps a little but not enough, and not for long. While Katz is trying to help his dog, Orson is helping him, shepherding him toward a new life on a two-hundred-year-old hillside farm in upstate New York.--From publisher description
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .K3825 2006
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of A Good dog : the story of Orson, who changed my life
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Mulliken District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.